Who is conducting the My Travel Log Study?
What are we collecting?
RSG will need to collect and use certain personal information from you for this study, including:
- Travel information - for example information about trips you make, including precise locations, travel time, and travel mode.
- Demographics - for example race, age, and household income to ensure that the survey sample reflects the population of the study region.
- Your household makeup - for example, who is in your household and your relationship to these household members including marital status and gender identity of you and your spouse/partner.
- Contact information - for example an email address or phone number for the purposes of sending survey reminders and distributing cheques.
- Computer settings - for example screen size to optimize the survey for your device and your computer’s IP address and user agent string to identify your device when interacting with the survey.
How are we using this data?
RSG and The City of Calgary will use your data to:
- Understand day-to-day travel across the city of Calgary.
- Help The City of Calgary propose practical transportation investments and prioritize the improvements that best fit residents' needs.
- Contact you about the status of your survey and provide support.
- Contact you to provide a financial incentive for completion (if applicable).
Who we share this data with?
RSG will share your data with:
- The City of Calgary
- An email automation software provider to issue emails for this survey.
- A call center to conduct survey support.
- A printing firm to print and mail survey materials.
What financial incentives are offered for providing this information?
Upon your completion of the entirety of this study, The City of Calgary will provide you a cheque valued at $10 - $25, depending on how you complete the research tool, the scarcity of information concerning your demographic group, and the priorities of The City of Calgary. This reward represents RSG’s good-faith estimate of the value of your information to The City of Calgary, as calculated using (a) historical evidence regarding the value of data in similar studies, and (b) the budget the client has given us for this project.
Your participation is voluntary
The parties above agree that the participants in each project are volunteers, offering their participation freely, without pressure or coercion, and without promise or expectation of compensation from RSG.
Can you change your mind?
Yes. You may remove your consent or exercise your data rights by submitting a Data Privacy Request through our secure system.
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP)
This personal information is being collected for land use and transportation planning purposes for the Transportation Department of The City of Calgary, under the authority of Section 33(c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and protection of Privacy Act (FOIP Act). Resource Systems Group, Inc. (RSG) is acting on behalf of The City of Calgary to collect and process the data from the survey and must adhere to the provisions of the FOIP Act. If you have questions about the collection and use of this information, contact The City of Calgary at:
My Travel Log Project Manager
P.O. Box 2100, Stn. M, #8124
Calgary, AB T2P 2M5
Phone: (403) 268-5396
Do Not Sell